I've begin to get in a bit of routine in my time on the island. I got up this morning and followed my usual chores of getting fresh berries, chopping wood, and hydrating. Something’s different today though. It's that weird feeling you get when you know you woke up late for work. Something wasn't right. It wasn't until I came back from the lake until it struck me; I couldn't find Athena. Usually she’s sitting right outside my house but that day I couldn't find her anywhere.
I didn't have a bunch of time to go looking for her. I barely knew my way around the cabin I've built and didn't want to chance getting lost. Also, as you go deeper in the jungle you start to encounter the not so friendly type of dinosaurs that I've been dealing with. I took a quick look around before I went back to my house to unload what I'd gathered that day. Out of nowhere, a female approaches my house and it’s the moment of truth.
The moment I’ve anticipated since I’ve gotten here. The moment I would make contact. What would I do? What would I say? When she approached, I had my weapon wielded and realized this might not be the best welcoming approach. I put my weapon away as I ask her name and if she knew how she got here. She told me her name was Alyssia and she was just as clueless as I was. She also told me that she set up a home not too far from mine on a waterfall. I’m not sure how that makes me feel as I sit here writing this. Resources are already limited as it is. I’ve watched plenty of wildlife documentaries to know that it’s survival of the fittest. Is she scouting my base? Is she planning on taking my resources? She seemed friendly but this primitive way of living would push anyone to their limits. Over the next couple of days Alyssia and I begin to bond and even set up a bartering system. I love building things and in exchange she gives me blood just in case I get injured. She was pretty impressed with the pen I built for my pets so I made her one as well.

0 comments:
Post a Comment