I have to tell you that I still haven’t got used to the sound of jungle. The sound that the animals make at night is more frightening than any horror movie I've ever seen. My sensory receptors are on overload trying to keep up with the sounds of the animals, their footsteps, and the ominous sounds that emit from the darkness of the night. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get used to it. In fact, I’m not sure if I want to.
With the amount of scouting I've done in the past few weeks I've seen a few people. I’m not sure if they’re friendly or if they will attack on sight so I’ve kept my distance for the most part. With this being a new and unknown world, my ambitiousness is overshadowed with cautiousness. But there's one thing for sure, there are definitely signs of life. I’ve had nothing to do with my time but invest it improving the house and try to make it livable for the time being. Basic logic tells me I’m on the east coast, as I've had the pleasure of watching the sun rise in my time here. Sometimes it's the little things that give you the comfort of home. I’ve also found a way to navigate by these huge futuristic looking pillars that float in the sky. I've noticed these before but they seem so much more majestic when you get closer to them.
I decide to go a different direction off the coast when I see another sign that reads “Leper Colony territory, Enter at your own risk!”. Is this some native tribe to the land? I’m not sure I want to find out honestly. I can’t deny that the thought of other people, especially a tribe, put me slightly on edge. Athena isn’t they type of dinosaur that would keep me safe. There's another dinosaur prevalent in this area called the Triceratops. This wouldn’t be as easy as taming a Parasaur, but I know I have to take a chance. I've seen it eating the same type of berries I used to tame Athena so I scouted one close to the area and made my move. I chose what seemed like a mature bull. Meet Bronco!
For the next few days I’m going to continue to work on my base and build some type of animal pen where I can keep these dinosaurs safe from the more dangerous ones. I’m starting to think I might not make it off this island.

0 comments:
Post a Comment