Chapter 8: A New World Order


. I wish I could have written you sooner but it hasn't been safe to. I've barely managed to escape the past few days with my life. Or my life as I know it now. My last time writing you, I could feel myself becoming a target by these tribes on the island. For some I wasn't a target that you would want to take out but a target of interest. I've begin to barter with EVG for drugs so I didn't necessarily see him is a threat. But there are other tribes on the island that are looking for blood shed.

There are people that have been on this island longer than me and are more established. I could imagine, without modern conveniences like television, that some people may be getting bored and looking for entertainment. Last week I woke up to a lot of screaming. It was if you could hear it from miles away. I looked out of my window but I didn't see anything. I head in the direction of the noise when I'm approached by a local that I've seen before. They were hesitant to give their name but they filled me in on some events that happened the prior night.

Two tribes were out drinking when two of them decided to challenge each other in a fist fight. One of the two tribes involved in the event are the Yautaus and the Pumas. A member of the Puma tribe lost the fist fight and when they were leaving the location of the fight shots rang out. A member from the Puma tribe shot the winner in cold blood. This turned into an all out war where the Puma tribe completely destroyed the existence of the Yautaus. The Yautaus, having no place to go, vacated the island by sea, never to be seen again.

After having the conversation I knew that I had to get to the bottom of it. I couldn't believe all of that transpired in one night... and I missed it! I reach out on the local communication broadcast asking for one of the Puma's to speak with me for a one on one interview. I was outright declined. Maybe they didn't want the truth to be heard. Maybe they weren't OK with the press like others may be. This wasn't my time to press my luck considering what they've recently done.

I headed back in the direction of my home to collect some resources when I see two large birds flying towards me. I hadn't seen these birds before so I knew whatever they were weren't native to this region. As they get closer I see two people flying on them. They swoop over my head and pick me up in a half second. After seeing who I was I hear, "Oh you're the reporter.. You're friendly. Tell anyone else that the Pumas are in the area". They safely drop me down and speed off like they were on a mission.

About 5 minutes later I hear more screaming. Was this the same sound I heard earlier? What is it? This time I am more anxious to find out what the sound it. It's the same guys. The Pumas. I get closer as I watch one of them pick up another person in a group. They begin making demands for metal or promised to drop the person they were carrying to an inevitable death. The tribe they were targeting were new to the area and hadn't had a chance to get established. There was know way they could meet the demands. Maybe he knew this. It wasn't to much longer before.... it's the first time I've seen a human die in "real life".

I run home knowing that this would be the start of many things. First things first, I need to move. I'm too close to the coast and to accessible to people wandering by. Secondly, I need some alliances. I was lucky enough to escape with my life this time but I can't be sure this will always be how it plays out.
Share on Google Plus

About ComplexMinded

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment