Despite being week the last time I wrote, I feel stronger. I feel wiser and more alive than I’ve ever been. Maybe it’s the primal nature of existing in this environment that has me feeling successful but I’ve managed to create an existence here and I’m learning more everyday. Learning more about the environment, the dinosaurs, resources, and more importantly that I can’t trust anyone. At this point I’m documenting all my experiences in hopes that someone finds this and it finds them in a time of need, inspiration, or hope.
In my spare time I’ve managed to tame another dinosaur. It’s a Stegosaurus that I’ve named Tango. He’s going to come in handy when I need to collect berries from the plentiful fields near me. While there are endless amounts of fields with these delicious berries, my depleting muscle mass tells me that there’s only so long I can live without protein. I wish I could ride my pets but I figured I could at least use them to fight with me. I take my friends down to a local watering spot where I turn them wild.
There were 3 trikes and two of them appeared to be mates. It wasn’t long before I realized that this is my first actual experience at combat. I charge forward with my pickaxe striking it from behind. The trike charges at me head first and launches me into a nearby lake. I almost died, I tell you. I’m not kidding. I really have to be more careful when I’m out here alone because there isn’t anyone to save me. I'm not sure what would happen if I "died" here but I'm sure not trying to find out
I’m was a little bruised and shaken up by the whole ordeal but there isn’t any way I’m going to survive out here without more battles like that. Ones where human lives are lost. I can feel it. There have been more people walking near my home as the time goes on and not all of them seem so friendly like Alyssia. Knowing that 2 dinosaurs aren’t enough I begin scouting for a more dangerous one. A carnivore. If I didn’t learn enough from my prior incident, I would learn more here. I'm starting to become really good at tracking these animals. When night falls, I track a carnivore down and have a quick awakening that it wouldn’t be like training a herbivore. Luckily I’ve managed to make a bow and figure out how to put narcotics on the tip of the bow. Am I becoming like the beasts I am taming? My new friend, Narco, the Carnosaur, will come in handy when it comes to these battles that I will find myself in.
I hope I’m not getting repetitive in my sporadic ramblings. I hope to become the island reporter and document the experiences on this island. I’ve come to learn that there are several tribes and I’d like to know more about them and if they know anything about why we are here. I have to be of use. Maybe my new purpose is to tell the story. The story of the lost inhabitants on a prehistoric but futuristic island. Who knows if this will come in handy one day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment