Chapter 10: From Surviving to Thriving


I finally made it back home after my adventurous trek up north.  It took a lot of work to get the materials to move.  It involved going up to the mountain for metals that aren't normally in my region.  The mountain provided a peaceful view and ironically serene even with the dangerous sabertooth tigers roaming around looking for their next meal.  As soon as I got home I began to take stock of what I had and what wouldn't make it.  I spent weeks scouting out my next area to live in.  It's a stream nearby for easy access to water and it didn't seem to be a hotspot; for animals or for humans.  Making this move by myself would only be easier with all of the pets that I've tamed in my time here.  No matter how many dinosaurs I had, I knew it wasn't enough.  After I move, the next priority was to amass a zoo.  I put up a sign letting everyone know that I am moving and begin making meticulous notes on everything I had to do.

It's amazing how much junk you end up with even when you are "surviving" in a Jurassic world.  I was only taking half of what I had at my place.  I began by taking down the walls at the third level, trying to retain as many resources as I could.  Tearing the house down took longer than I anticipated.  I wasn't able to get everything torn down and hope the next survivor passing by will make the best of it.  I pack everything I have to my pets and begin making the mile journey to my new home.

I told myself I wouldn't make the same building mistakes I made in my old home.  Every time you go out on the island, you get experience.  Each encounter you have makes you stronger and wiser for the next.  These few weeks have given me a wealth of knowledge that I plan on using when building the new place.  I've been able to find these blueprints scattered around the island while traveling.  The blueprints give specific details on building things that I would normally never have the knowledge to build.  In my new home I'm going to build a machine that allows me to make more advanced machinery and gadgets.  I've found out how to make a GPS unit.  I think it uses the obelisks that are floating in the sky to triangulate your position.

A few weeks ago I was wondering how I was going to eat, and now I'm thinking of how I can make a generator.  From surviving to thriving was the goal.  Now I am know where near to thriving but I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

After getting to my new place, I slept in a sleeping bag for a few days until I got everything set up.  I wanted to make sure I laid the design out properly instead of rushing it like I did on my first home.  I had a different goal in mind with this place.  I want to be able to live comfortably.   A few days go past and I bring up the communication channel to let my acquaintance EVG know I have a new location.  About 5 minutes later I see EVG at the top of a huge hill near the back of my new home "Let me know if you hear this!".  From a distance, I see a long-neck rifle pointing in my direction. I didn't hear a gunshot but I heard a bullet ricochet right by my ear.

How did he find my place so quickly?  While my goal wasn't to be "off the grid", I didn't want someone to be able to find me on a casual 5 minute stroll from their house.  Why is EVG target practicing next to my house?

I know that I have a lot to do over the next couple of days.  I need to make it to the sea to do some exploring.  There's a whole world under there I have't seen and loaded with resources that I need to go from surviving, to thriving.

Share on Google Plus

About ComplexMinded

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment